F20 in VirtualBox VM

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Dec 20 01:53:30 UTC 2013

On 12/20/13 09:26, Greg Woods wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-12-20 at 08:04 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Yes.  Been installing and testing F20 on a VM for a while now.
>>
>>  But make sure you're running VirtualBox 4.3.6
> Thanks for the tip, I was on 4.3.4 . So I upgraded to 4.3.6, installed
> the extension pack, and...  I still get a black screen after selecting
> "install Fedora 20" from the Anaconda/syslinux boot menu.

That is odd.....

FWIW, my F19 host is 64bit and I'm using the rpmfusion nVidia stuff to drive the host system video.  Also, I've only installed/tested F20 in 64 bit.

When I select Install the screen goes black for about 5 seconds, then goes white for about 10 seconds and then black with scrolling messages.

You have verified the checksums of the downloaded ISO's?

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts