hacked - looking for doc/suggestions on hardening/securing systems from the start

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 10:24:54 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> e.g. A fool uses some webservice that asks you to log in with your
> hotmail username and password, so they do, despite the face that this
> webservice is not hotmail.

Not quite what you're saying but tangentially related: many web sites are
confusing to the naive user. They ask you to register using your email
address and a password, without making it clear that they don't mean the
password for the email account. I'm sure more than a few people have been
caught by that. It doesn't mean the website is malicious, but now the
attack front on the password has been expanded.

poc