f20 - gedit

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 13:02:41 UTC 2013

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 13:42:49 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> I tend to forget about rpm itself.  Actually, when I DID use it, yum
> would get upset,

It doesn't. Yum warns that the RPM database has been modified by a tool
other than Yum, but you're free to ignore that warning. Yum maintains
a few own databases (see e.g. "yum history") in addition to the RPM db,
and for packages installed/removed with plain "rpm", it won't be able
to track them for features such as "yum history undo …".