Faith based partitioning...

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Dec 20 15:18:21 UTC 2013

> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Ranjan Maitra
> <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com <mailto:maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     Perhaps, the original poster can consider requesting an enhancement
>     (RFE) on BZ explaining his views cogently (as he has done here) or on
>     the devel mailing list (ML) because we are also very often told here
>     that developers do not hang out much on this ML.
>

> I had a lot of trouble with partitioning when installing F19 back when
> it came out, but once I solved it I couldn't remember all the fine
> detail of what was wrong with the interface, except that it was deeply
> unintuitive and required me to close my eyes and press OK while hoping
> it would do the right thing. Since most of us only do this once every
> 6 months or so, I'm probably not alone in being unable to give a
> coherent report to BZ. Maybe that's why it never improves.

Things really changed from f17.  And did not change so much.  What it
took to get into cusomizing the partitioning was really well hidden.
Once I got there, it was the same thing (well a few addtions) of keeping
my old partitions, telling disk druid what diretory to use (like it has
the old ones and can't suggest them?) and click on reformating.  So I
don't have to go through all the pain I had initially figuring out a
partitioning scheme.