F20 in VirtualBox VM

Klaus-Peter Schrage kpschrage at gmx.de
Fri Dec 20 17:28:19 UTC 2013

Am 20.12.2013 00:50, schrieb Greg Woods:
> I am running VirtualBox under F19, and I wanted to try F20 in a VM, but
> I can't get it to install. With both the Live ISO and the full DVD iso,
> if I point the virtual DVD drive at the ISO, it boots into the main
> syslinux/Anaconda menu, but as soon as I select "Install Fedora",  the
> screen goes black and nothing ever happens. Has anyone installed F20
> into a VirtualBox VM?
>
> Thanks,
> --Greg
I had success with VirtualBox and F20 on two machines, after initially
having this very black screen on several trials. So please don't mind
my  question: When creating the new VM in VBox Manager, did you choose
the correct version of Fedora? I clicked on "Fedora" and I missed that
there was an entry "Fedora (64bit)" ...