f20 - Anyone else having problems installing x64

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.net
Fri Dec 20 18:51:31 UTC 2013

Subject: f20 - Anyone else having problems installing x64
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 21:54:01 -0600

I have a Gateway  NV53A laptop that has Centos 6.5 installed and
performing without a problem.  I tried to install the x64 f20 on this
machine, but have not been able to get the discs to install.

I checksumed the disc and it passed

I tested the disc with the boot process, and could not figure out if it
passed or not, it took a long time and then apparently tried to
automatically install, and then died.

I rebooted several times some of which were in 'basic mode' but there
was no success.

Any one else having trouble installing f20

Greg Ennis

I think I found the problem.  Although the checksum of the DVD was
'PASS' not only by sha256sum, but also by the installation program I
think the problem was a mismatch of DVD drives.  The first DVD was
created on a different laptop, and it failed on the Gateway, but worked
on the laptop it had been created on.  The Gateway machine still had
Centos on it so I created another DVD using it, and had no problems
booting and installing F20.

I have never had a mismatch of DVD drives before, so this was
unexpected, at least by me.

Greg Ennis