f20 - gedit

Edward M edwardm1 at live.com
Fri Dec 20 23:21:23 UTC 2013

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 08:05:49 -0500
Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:

> On 12/19/2013 09:02 PM, Edward M wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 10:07:01 +0200
> > Ahmad Samir <ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> AppMenu is only used when running under GNOME, when using any
> >> other DE it's not used.
> >>
> >> FWIW, you can get the old behaviour back under GNOME by editing the
> >> 'org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings overrides' key:
> >>
> >> gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings overrides
> >> "{'Gtk/ShellShowsAppMenu': <0>}"
> >>

> >> In some apps like gedit this should make the AppMenu contain only
> >> on entry "Quit", and Preferences and About are moved back to their
> >> place in the main gedit window.
> >
> > Confirm
> > used dconf-editor instead to set the overrides and now those entries
> > appear within gedit.
>
> What did you change?  I just went through all of dconf-editor listed
> items and did not recognize anything to change that would turn on
> settings/preferences in gedit

Sorry for the late reply. I'm sure you probably already have  it
figured, this is  what i did.
I logged into my Fedora desktop as regular
user; opened a Terminal; logged in as root using su -; typed
dconf-editor- on dconf-editor's left pane, I just followed
org -> gnome-> settings-daemon->  plugins  -> xsettings  submenu, then
on dconf-editor's right window - I added {'Gtk/ShellsShowsAppMenu': <0>}
next to overrides entry and that restored preferences within gedit,etc.