Connection fails F19->F20 Rsync

David Highley dhighley at highley-recommended.com
Sat Dec 21 19:24:36 UTC 2013

After doing a fedup upgrade from Fedora 19 to Fedora 20 the Fedora 19
systems are not able to rsync to the Fedora 20 system.

If you do:
rsync host::

You get:
rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(764)
[Receiver=3.0.9]

If you do it to its self it works fine. We have stopped iptables on both
sides, looked for selinux avc errors. We have wiresharked and the hosts
are exchanging packets on port 873. In looking at the RPM change log for
rsync we see that the compression has been changed. Could that somehow
cause this failure?