F20: /etc/default/grub missing.

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 19:38:28 UTC 2013

On 21/12/13 19:44, Chris Murphy wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2013, at 8:48 AM, Erik P. Olsen <epodata at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'll do another F20 installation to see if it shows up this time. If not I suppose it is hardware related. Maybe anaconda doesn't like bios with uefi turned off. I had no problems with F19 though.
>
> I forget if it's still possible to disable the install boot loader feature on UEFI. It's a meaningless option, except that /etc/default/grub will not be created. grub2-efi is still installed, shim.efi is still installed, and you do in fact still get a boot loader installed on UEFI systems regardless of this option. And I think there's a RHBZ on this issue also, but I don't know if that's been implemented in F20.

I don't think there is an option to disable boot loader feature (or rather I
haven't found it :-) The bios of my system is uefi capable but I have disabled
it. Anyhow my last F20 build did produce /etc/default/grup even though I didn't
make any change to the installation procedure. But I did use netinst so some
changes may have come in this way.

--
Erik