Need help with LVM -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Dec 21 20:05:01 UTC 2013

On 12/21/2013 02:51 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> Based on the /dev/sdb layout it seems you used custom/manual partitioning in the installer, and created all of these mount points manually, is that correct? If so why not use Guided partitioning with either partition scheme set to LVM or Standard Partitioning? It seems you'd have ended up with what you wanted:
I may have foolishly checked somewhere that offered to keep /home but
other than that the install was plain vanilla from the DVD iso, XFCE
rather than Gnome, via a usb flash stick.

When I get around to "fixing" this mess I will eliminate LVM, it's an
added layer of complexity that buys me nothing. Ok when it works but ...
Fixing means a re-install. I have become quite adept at configuring
Fedora/XFCE my way as many times as I have done it. So far, counting
beta, Fedora 20 three times. I even had the alpha version for a short
time on one box.

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/w2bod
Box10 Fedora-20/64bit Linux