Need help with LVM -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Dec 21 22:13:43 UTC 2013

On 12/21/2013 04:26 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Dec 21, 2013, at 2:11 PM, Roger Heflin <rogerheflin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> you will need a vgextend first something like "vgextend fedora_box1000
>> /dev/sdb4" that will add the disk to the vg.
> pvcreate first, then vgextend to add.
>

>> /dev/mapper/fedora_box1000-home   17G  7.2G  8.1G  47% /home
> Oops, you're right, there it is.
I did that earlier today:

[root at box10 bobg]# vgextend fedora_box1000  /dev/sdb4
   Physical volume '/dev/sdb4' is already in volume group 'fedora_box1000'
   Unable to add physical volume '/dev/sdb4' to volume group
'fedora_box1000'

>> so either /dev/fedora_box1000/home or /dev/fedora_box1000/root will
>> need to be extended, you can also use the names shown in the df
>> commands…
[root at box10 bobg]# lvextend -l +100%FREE /dev/fedora_box1000/lv_root
/dev/sdb4
   Logical volume lv_root not found in volume group fedora_box1000

Not sure what it wants here, it did not accept anything I have tried.

> And then lvresize for one or both of those to get the size he wants them. And then resize2fs to resize the file systems.
>
> But I think he didn't want a new /home on /dev/sdb, I think he wanted the /home he had on /dev/sda but I could be mistaken. I'm not clear on the exact final layout the OP wants.
I want to continue using the /home on /dev/sdb. All I want is to include
all of the remaining space as part of /home. The other home is on
.dev/sda and is part of an Fedora-19 system. Don't want that. It had
tried to preserve /home from F-20 beta but I believe I've deleted that,
don't want it..

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/w2bod
Box10 Fedora-20/64bit Linux