Any way to disable selinux when updating to F20

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sun Dec 22 15:13:31 UTC 2013

If you want if off temporarily, till the next reboot or till you turn
it on, this:

sudo setenforce 0

should also work, correct?

1 in place of 0 switches it back on, no?

Unless I am not understanding the question.

Many thanks,
Ranjan

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 09:01:50 -0600 Roger
Heflin <rogerheflin at gmail.com> wrote:

> add selinux=0 on all of the kernel lines in grub.conf...I believe this
> disables it completely...and cannot be turned back on without removing
> that line and rebooting...obviously if you want to enable it and got
> back and use it again relabeling would need to be done.
>
> On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com> wrote:
> > After I started a fedup update to F20, it burned up a lot of time relabeling
> > the entire filesystem, then rebooted again. On the second reboot there were
> > a couple of "failed to mount update media" errors; however it looks like the
> > update rpm transaction is running. We'll see.
> >
> > I have selinux turned off, I don't need it. The update script is turning it
> > on, and relabeling everything. I'm just going to turn it off again, when the
> > update finishes.
> >
> > Is there any way to avoid wasting all this time. And what's with those error
> > messages.
> >

> > --
> >
> --

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use
appropriate addresses.