Any way to disable selinux when updating to F20

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 15:29:50 UTC 2013

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 09:55:20 -0500
Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com> wrote:
> I have selinux turned off, I don't need it. The update script is
> turning it on, and relabeling everything. I'm just going to turn it
> off again, when the update finishes.
>
> Is there any way to avoid wasting all this time.

The relabeling during the update is being done because you kept selinux
turned off on your old installation. Since F20 turns selinux on by
default, it requires a relabeling of the filesystem.

The way to avoid this is to keep selinux in permissive mode, as opposed
to disabled. That way labels will be kept updated throughout the life
of the release, and the filesystem will not need to be relabeled
(hopefully) when you decide to upgrade from F20 to F21, in the future.

> And what's with those error messages.

Don't know that one...

HTH, :-)
Marko