F20: yum update does not automatically update grub2

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sun Dec 22 21:26:32 UTC 2013

Thanks!

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 21:08:05 +0100 Michael Schwendt
<mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 14:03:08 -0600, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
>
> > OK, I have downdated the kernel, run grub2-mkconfig so we should be
> > back on the same plane as before.
>
> "Should be"? Do you mean the problem is reproducible after simple
> downgrade of the kernel package?

I removed the new kernel, updated grub2-mkconfig and rebooted into the
old kernel. Does this not bring it back to the old setup (before
installation of the new kernel). Or if your question was if the problem
is reproducible in the sense that grub does not automatically update
after a yum update (or downdate) of the kernel, then the answer is yes.

> > An important thing to note is that the resume=/dev/sda? parameter that
> > I had installed previously to get my system to come back from
> > hibernation is not updated with grub2-mkconfig.
>
> Where exactly did you add that parameter?

In /etc/grub2.cfg as in:

linux   /vmlinuz-3.11.10-301.fc20.x86_64 resume=/dev/sda2
root=/dev/sda3 ro vconsole.font=latarcyrheb-sun16  nomodeset rhgb quiet

Is this not the right place to have done it?

Many thanks,
Ranjan

> --

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use
appropriate addresses.