I Broke yum

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 22 23:50:18 UTC 2013

Trying again...

I used FedUp to upgrade to F20 from F18, however the first time I tried, I
switched the display (I'm on a KVM switch) to another computer and when I
switched back it looked like the display had not updated and that FedUp was
hung, so I rebooted, cleaned everything out and tried again. This time I let
it go even after it appeared hung and it completed the upgrade, however, by
rebooting during the FedUp process, I managed to confuse yum, so that it
thinks I'm still running F18. Nothing I've tried so far seems to have any
permanent effect on Yum.

I've already run "yum --releasever=20 distro-sync" which didn't do much. I've
run "yum-config-manager --save --releasever=20" which didn't do squat either.

I'm about out of ideas. Has anyone else ever managed to confuse Yum like this
and if so did you ever figure out how to fix it?