F20 in VirtualBox VM

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 23:58:31 UTC 2013

On 12/22/2013 6:07 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 12/23/13 06:40, David wrote:
>> You guys are making this much, much more difficult than it is.
>
> Not really.
>
> The OP is using VBox from the Oracle site on F19 and is wanting to run F20 in a VM and he can't get it to install.  Others, including myself, have had no problems.  So.....trying to help find the reason.

Hi Ed,

I did not mean to be 'nasty' here. But? I often see people that *think*
that they know a lot or people that actually *do* know a lot confuse
Newbies, either to Linux in general or some program, with all kinds of
(he ducks under the desk here) *Geek Speak!*  Do this!!. Try this!! Try
that!! All written in *Geek Speak!* to a Newbie. IMHO? Sometimes, many
times, the *Geek Speak!* folks make things too hard. Think about it.

Two possibilities. PEBCAC or his hardware. My guess would be the first.
Newbie stuff. Whic is in now way bad. Everyone has to start somewhere.
But First question? user experience? Second? What hardware? there are
others. They depend on the answers to the first ones.

Virtualbox is the most thoroughly documented program I have ever since
ever. The "Help File" is a searchable PDF. If 'your system' can read a
PDF and if 'you' can read and comprehend all will be revealed. But? Once
again it is written in *Geek Speak!*.

Honest. Read the 'help me' question. Is it a Newbie or 'knida Newbie' or
'I think I know what I am doing' question. And then> Don' everyon jump
on him/er with tons of suggestions.

Ya' think?
--

  David