F20 in VirtualBox VM

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 23:33:40 UTC 2013

On 12/22/2013 6:07 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 12/23/13 06:40, David wrote:
>> You guys are making this much, much more difficult than it is.
>
> Not really.
>
> The OP is using VBox from the Oracle site on F19 and is wanting to run F20 in a VM and he can't get it to install.  Others, including myself, have had no problems.  So.....trying to help find the reason.

I had, Fedora 19 is gone, running Virtualbox with a VM of what was
rawhide (the now Fedora 20) running for a long time. When rawhide split
to Fedora 20 and Fedora 21 (rahide they bot still worked fine.

Two possibilities. PEBCAC or his hardware. My guess would be the first.
Newbie stuff.

Virtualbox is the most thoroughly documented program I have ever since.
Ever. The "Help File" is a searchable PDF. If 'your system' can read a
PDF and if 'you' can read and comprehend all will be revealed.

I 'helped' an over 80 Year OLd lady do this by email. Me in Seattle and
her in London. Took about a week.
--

  David