F20: yum update does not automatically update grub2

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Dec 24 05:25:52 UTC 2013

On Dec 23, 2013, at 9:32 PM, Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> wrote:

> So I will add resume=uuid="...." (gigantic
> alphanumeric number) to the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX?

Correct.

> Here is what
> /etc/default/grub reads currently:
>
> GRUB_TIMEOUT=5
> GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR="$(sed 's, release .*$,,g' /etc/system-release)"
> GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
> GRUB_DISABLE_SUBMENU=true
> GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT="console"
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="vconsole.font=latarcyrheb-sun16
> $([ -x /usr/sbin/rhcrashkernel-param ] && /usr/sbin/rhcrashkernel-param
> || :) nomodeset rhgb quiet" GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"
>
> Should I put this before the nomodeset?

Or after it, or at the end before the last ". It doesn't matter.

> (Not sure why I have a i386-pc..but this is an x86_64 machine.)

GRUB is 32-bit on BIOS, and 64-bit on UEFI.

> $ fpaste
> bash -x grub2-mkconfig
> Uploading (0.1KiB)...
> http://ur1.ca/g90la -> http://paste.fedoraproject.org/64141/87859483

That didn't work. I'm not sure how to output it to a file, as 'bash -x grub2-mkconfig > bashgrub.txt' doesn't output the debug output from bash -x, it just creates a file from grub2-mkconfig. So unless you know how to do that, I'd just run the command in gnome-terminal, copy-paste it into a text file. Then fpaste the text file.

Chris Murphy