Strange behavior after "Ctrl | Alt | F2 - Alt | F1" key sequence...

Steven P. Ulrick meow8282 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 11:34:39 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,
I hit "Ctrl | Alt | F2" to get to a non-graphical console.  For a long
time now, pressing "Alt | F1" would bring me back to the graphical
environment.  Since I fedup'd to Fedora 20, lots of times (maybe not
always) when I press "Alt | F1" instead of being taken back to
graphical mode, I am taken to a blue screen with the Fedora logo in the
center.  I have not been able to figure out how to get that screen to
go away.  There is no discernible way to interact with this screen.
I've tried typing, the esc key, dragging with my mouse, even pressing
"Ctrl | Alt | F2" to get me back to a non-graphical console.  None of
this works, and I have to reboot.

I have never seen this behavior until Fedora 20.

Steven P. Ulrick