Possibly OT --- Adobe flash player; how to get it to run?

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Dec 25 22:53:21 UTC 2013

On 26/12/13 11:16, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 24.12.2013, Rolf Turner wrote:
>
>> WTF do I have to do?
> 1. Download the latest Flash plugin
> 2. Copy "libflashplayer.so" to ~/.mozilla/plugins
> 3. Restart Firefox
>
> You're done.

And later added:
> 1. Download the latest Flash plugin
> http://get.adobe.com/de/flashplayer/
>
> You choose the .tar.gz archive.

Yesssss!!!!  It worked.  Thank you hugely.

     cheers,

     Rolf Turner

P. S.  Surely there should be something in the instructions or mechanism for
installing flash to the effect that libflashplayer.so (or a copy
thereof) has to
be placed in the user's "private" plugins directory ~/.mozilla/plugins.

There seems to be a gap here that could very easily be filled.

OTOH this appears only to have affected ***me***.  What is different about
my system?  This is basically of academic interest at the moment, since I've
got things working, but it could be of practical interest sometime in
the future.

     R. T.