relabel

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Dec 26 01:46:50 UTC 2013

On Dec 25, 2013, at 5:48 PM, Patrick Dupre <pdupre at gmx.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wanted to clone my distribution fedora 19, I used to do it with
> previous release but I failed with fedora 19.
>
> I copy (-a) the partition / (lvm2) and /boot (ext4)

You probably need to remake the initramfs. The easiest way to do all of this after the cp -a of everything is to put together the clone at /mnt such that you have /mnt as rootfs, then /mnt/boot, and then use mount -B to mount the faux file systems, /proc, /dev/, /sys at their respective locations, /mnt/proc, /mnt/dev, /mnt/sys. Then chroot /mnt.

Now blkid to find the uuids for /boot and /, and change fstab so that it's mounting the right volumes. Use dracut -f to make a new initramfs. And then grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg to make a new grub.cfg.

If you started out with a system with correct labels, the cp -a will preserve them as it implies -Z so fixfiles/restorecon isn't needed.

Chris Murphy