Auto OS Install Process

bruce badouglas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 19:33:10 UTC 2013

Pete,

umm - regarding partition, i was under the impression that an OS
install can have multiple "partitions"

In my case though, I want to have the ability to set/invoke whatever
process needs to occur so I can programatically set the boot OS. All
of this will occur via ssh, so the process won't be accessing the gui,
to select the menus.

so for :
> As I noted, a second minimal installation does not do what you describe you
> want to accomplish, reinstallation. The installer handles installation, so
> you want to boot that. If you want to be able to reinstall *or* access the
> main installation's data from a clean environment, you can use the
> installer's rescue mode.

I'd want the 2nd installation to be able to immeadiately, upon boot
up, to then go do a netinstall, where it then reinstalls the 1st OS,
and I need to do this in a auto/programatic process. I'm not seeing
where the rescue mode process applies here.