Freezing mouse cursor in 19

Frank McCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Thu Dec 26 23:13:53 UTC 2013

On 26/12/13 04:26 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 12/26/2013 01:16 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:
>> The mouse cursor remains in one place but as I move the mouse
>> around I can see that it's hovering over other things.
>
> So it's only the pointer that stops moving, while the computer "knows"
> that the mouse is in a different position, right?  Have you tried
> clicking on something while this is going on, to see if the computer
> reacts properly to it?  If it does, we'll have limited the issue to
> whatever it is that puts the pointer on the screen.

    Yes. the cursor is stuck while it's still sending the proper info to
the computer. If I click on something the computer does the "right"
thing...changes videos or whatever.
But even if I shutdown Chrome the mouse cursor remains frozen, and if
I get out out of the desktop, the graphics screen of lightdm is totally
corrupted. Then a reboot is the only way to restore things. Sounds like
a video problem to me. I switched Chrome from its internal flash to the
latest adobe flash but there is no change.