Smooth Upgrade

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Sat Dec 28 14:41:30 UTC 2013

On 12/18/2013 04:21 AM, Dave Cross wrote:
> Upgraded my Dell XPS 14z laptop from F19 to F20 last night using
> fedup. Everything went smoothly and within an hour I was happily using
> F20. Probably the smoothest upgrade I've seen between two versions of
> Fedora (and I've been using Fedora for ten years).
>
> Thanks to everyone who put time and effort into making the upgrade
> process work so well.
>
> Dave...

I upgraded my desktop (Penguin Computing) from Fedora 19 to Fedora 20
with only 1 minor problem. 1 package failed on GPG error, so I reran
with --nogpgcheck and it ran to completion and rebooted successfully).
The only issue I have is that not all my Gnome 3 extensions could be
reloaded, but that is a Gnome 3 issue and not Fedora per se.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix