Reverse E-Mail Blockage.....

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 17:13:24 UTC 2013

On 12/28/2013 04:29 AM, Joachim Backes wrote:
> On 12/28/2013 06:06 AM, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
>> Hello you Ferdorans! (FedorIANS?...) I have a question,.....now....we
>> all know that there's ways to block unwanted email from your system
>> using Message Filters, and they work by blocking a certain domain or
>> email address and prevent them from hitting your Inbox, I would like to
>> know if anyone knows of a way to filter your messages in a sort of
>> "reverse" order.....in other words instead of me telling the Mail Filter
>> Rule: Block anything with the email address of (ABC at 123) I would like it
>> to be "Allow everything from (123 at ABC) and block "Everything Else"...how
>> would one go about doing this using Fedora 20 and Thunderbird? Any help
>> would be greatly appreciated
>>

>> Thank You
>>

>> EGO II
>>
> Hi Eddie,
>
> if creating a message filter in TB, one of the rules can be: "contains"
> or "doesn't contain" or "is" os "isn't", and you can apply this for keys
> like subject, body, and so on.
>
> Is that what you mean?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Joachim Backes

Yes Joachim this is EXACTLY what I was looking for!..Thank you so much!
My Inbox seems to be growing every day with more and more spam. I
literally spent a whole hour and a half ...JUST adding email addresses
to the "Block" list...and now that you've given me this knowledge, I
should just be able to let in what I need and everything else will get
tossed into the trash!..thanks so much! Happy New Year!!

EGO II