F20 Installs Fail From Every Angle

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 22:56:30 UTC 2013

On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 15:57:11 -0600, Brian Hanks wrote:

> 1.  Fedup Upgrade of two different HP laptops each currently with Fedora
> 19 and simple partitioning (ext4 only).  I've attempted this upgrade
> multiple times on each machine.  It fails every time with a VirtualBox
> dependency error.  When I check the dependency issue that is reported I
> find that all of the packages are actually installed. Ignoring the error
> does not work either as the upgrade does not succeed.

> If you have any insight that will help complete one of the above failed
> installations, please let me know.

What "dependency error" did it report?
And how did you query the installed packages as well as the remote
repos for what would be available _after_ the upgrade?

Many users still misread such error messages and don't manage to work
around them as a result. Often, the installed packages are okay, but
during they upgrade they would get replaced and break dependencies.