Auto suspend/spin-down idle disk
john.obaterspok at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 12:17:52 UTC 2013
I have a SSD disk as system disk and a:
- HDD as backup drive that is used a couple of times each week
- HDD as media disk that is perhaps used a couple of times each day
I've tried to set the spindown to 1 hour of being idle via gnome-disks.
Problem is that it never spins down.
- I've verified that it spins down via hdparm -y /dev/sda
- I've also set the smartd check interval to 5h (smartd_opts="--quit never
--interval=18000") in /etc/sysconfig/smartmontools
- Disks are mounted with "type ext4 (rw,relatime,seclabel,data=ordered)"
Any hints on how I get the disks to spin down?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the users