Reverse E-Mail Blockage.....

Dave Ihnat dihnat at dminet.com
Sun Dec 29 16:16:19 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 03:58:12AM -0500, David wrote:
> Wow! 30 per day? Just wow! You must have a spam magnet or something.  :-)
>
> I use seven different accounts regularly and I don't get 20 in a month.

Heh.  Some people change accounts to get away from spam.  I've used
the same couple of addresses since around 1993--when I got my domain.
I also have around 150 aliases (a bunch of general system aliases,
plus one for every client's support account).

It's not uncommon for SpamAssassin to catch 400-700 a *day*.  When really
bad new campaigns start up, sometimes it can go over a thousand.  Usually,
only 5-10 get through, whereupon I feed 'em to sa-learn.

And the filters have gotten good enough that I only spot check the rejects;
I've not found a false positive for months, if not years.

Cheers,
--
	Dave Ihnat
	dihnat at dminet.com