fedup leaves half done 18 > 19

Sean Darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 23:40:58 UTC 2013

On 12/29/2013 04:40 AM, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
> On 12/29/2013 04:36 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
>> It means that the release version is, or should be, 19.  However, I'd
>> suggest that you use package-cleanup --dupes and check to see if you
>> have duplicate versions of fedora-release-noarch.
>
> You can use 'package-cleanup --cleandupes' to remove any old packages
> still there.
>
> After that, use 'yum distro-sync' to get everything as close to a new
> f19 install as possible, and also install the missing f19 kernel.
>
> You should also check for *.rpmnew and *.rpmsave files (new or old
> configuration files saved), and update the configuration files that need
> updates (check with diff what the differences are, if something
> significant, update the configuration file)
>
> find / -xdev -name '*.rpmnew' -o -name '*.rpmsave'
>
> Lars

thanks. I used --cleandupes, but that failed if any package was
obsoleted. Interestingly, yum remove <obsoleted package> wouldn't remove
the package, but just gave a message that the package was obsoleted! rpm
-e worked.

After getting cleandupes to work, ran fedup again. Iterated twice, but
finally got it.

Of course, now the f19 kernel panics!

sean