F20 Installs Fail From Every Angle (Michael Schwendt)

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Dec 30 05:47:07 UTC 2013

On Dec 29, 2013, at 7:51 AM, Brian Hanks <bhanks at bhanks.net> wrote:

> This went well until the reboot.  Following the reboot I select the Fedup option, but nothing really happened.  I ended up back in my Fedora 19 system while running the new Fedora 20 kernel.

You chose the fedup option in GRUB, but instead of getting text status of the progessing update, you got what appeared to be normal F19 boot?

If /var is a separate partition/LV instead of on rootfs, this behavior occurs. Please post your fstab if unsure. Do you have any encrypted partitions or volumes? Please post the result of lsblk if yes.

Chris Murphy