Fedora features enquire and requirements

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Mon Dec 30 10:49:50 UTC 2013

Hi  Rahul
Can thoroughly recommend Fedora or Ubuntu, we use both. If you choose
Ubuntu then opt for the LTS (long term support) version.

I don't know if this will help but for such a task as you describe
below  but you may wish to look into using Drupal 7 which with a little
learning time is very capable of meeting your requirements. Drupal  is a
content management system built with php and mostly does not need
programming to get up and running. We use it on our sites. I'm currently
developing a complex taxonomy data system in Drupal.

What you describe below seems to fit well with Drupal. There are other
content management systems but Drupal is by far the best and I find, the
most secure. Support is exemplary and video tutorials are great.

Another choice could be Ruby on Rails. Rails is a framework for setting
up a content management system. I find the Ruby and Rails language much
easier and less arcane than php but there is a significant learning
curve. I have set up a couple sites and am still learning. Video
tutorials are great but support seems to be via StackOverflow.

Cheers
Roger