Fwd: Re: System mail (Fedora 20)

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Dec 30 13:21:45 UTC 2013

OK.  It was Mark, not Lars, that pointed out the logwatch problem.

Is this a logwatch f20 bug to report, or simply 'if you know to install
logwatch, you should know how to configure mail'.

Of course we never had to configure mail in the past to use logwatch,
but that is not logwatch maintainer's problem.

--
Mark C. Allman, PMP, CSM

On Sun, 2013-12-29 at 13:39 +0000, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 14:30:29 +0100
> "Lars E. Pettersson" <lars at homer.se> wrote:
>
> > On 12/29/2013 01:24 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> > > As I stated mailx allows me to read system-mail in claws-mail.
> >
> > Have you changed anything in the mailx setup? /etc/mail.rc ?
> >
> > As far as I can tell I can only get system mail when using an MTA,
> > mailx without any changes seem to do nothing here.
> >
> > Lars
>
> The only thing I've changed is set nohold
>
> --
> Regards,
> Frank
> www.frankly3d.com

In the file /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logwatch.conf on a fresh
install of Fedora 20 I see this line:

     mailer = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t"

Just curious:  did everyone go into /etc/logwatch/conf/logwatch.conf and override
this and what did you set it to?  Although I don't recall anything in the release
notes about logwatch being replaced by something maybe there's a new package that
replaced it (and therefore one less need for sendmail).

--
Mark C. Allman, PMP, CSM