CentOS HowTos

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Dec 30 14:50:30 UTC 2013

On 12/30/2013 08:42 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> The document <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos> says
> "This page contains some longer HowTos
> for achieving different tasks on CentOS systems".
> Unfortunately, the document consists of a single page,
> and does not seem to contain any links to the HowTos it refers to.
> I'm looking in particular for the HowTo on E-Mail.
>
> (I'm looking for advice on the best way to filter out spam email
> already marked as such by SpamAssassin, called by amavis.
> I assume there must be a standard way of doing this,
> but have been unable to find it in the documentation I have looked at,
> eg <<http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Amavisd>.)

I have a system that I have built, but not put in production that has a
full:

Centos/Postfix/MySQL(virtualdomains)/Postfixadmin/spamassasin/amavisd/roundcube

Why not in production?   No roundtoit?

But it looks GREAT.  In test.  But the thing I learned along the way is
if you want to dump spam, it is in the config files as to what levels
you set the various processing at, and there you find it on the typical
product's pages, not the Centos HowTo as there are too many choices.
Perhaps I can find my notes.

I really need to fix my DNSSEC problems so I can sign my zone so I can
do my upgrades....

Oh, my DNSSEC problems are tied into my IPv6 support and my
firewall/router.  That is why I am looking for 4-port arm boxes.