failed to ..

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Dec 30 16:11:16 UTC 2013

On Dec 29, 2013, at 11:37 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> On 12/30/2013 07:01 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:
>>
>> On Dec 28, 2013, at 8:15 PM, Patrick Dupre <pdupre at gmx.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I tried to set relabel by using system-config-selinux,
>>> but nothing happens I have to keep selinux=0 to be able to boot!
>>
>> Try autorelabel=1, and in the future if you have selinux problems you don't want to troubeleshoot use enforcing=0. Disabling selinux is a hammer and eventually causes more problems.
> With all due respect, disabling SELinux *must not cause problems*.

The instant you disable SELinux, labeling is no longer being done at all, so any software updates while disabled lack labeling. Upon intentional or inadvertent re-enabling of SELinux, there will be problems due to that. This is why disabling isn't a good idea, and isn't necessary. Use enforcing=0 instead.

> If it does, somebody is critically broken and needs to be fixed, ASAP.

Feel free to rebuild your kernel ASAP, and actually disable SELinux at the source.

Chris Murphy