F20 Installs Fail From Every Angle

Brian Hanks bhanks at bhanks.net
Mon Dec 30 20:08:40 UTC 2013

On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 19:47:30 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> So, there are no repos that offer updates for those three packages?
> Or is fedup unable to handle 3rd party repos?
>
> Other than that, please don't add my name to the mail's subject line
> in such a misleading/ambiguous way. Thank you.

My apologies for leaving your name in the Subject line.  It was a copy
paste error that has been perpetuated as others have replied.

The RPMFusion repos do have the proper VirtualBox packages, so it seems
that fedup is not looking at the 3rd party repos that I have configured.

Interestingly, I found this on the Fedora FedUp Wiki page:

    *Will packages in third party repositories be upgraded?*

    Yes, if they are set up like regular yum repositories and do not
    hard code the repository path. Commonly-used third party
    repositories usually work fine, but if you attempt to upgrade prior
    to or soon after an official Fedora release, they may not have
    updated their repository paths yet, and FedUp may be unable to find
    their packages. This will usually not prevent the upgrade running
    successfully, though, and you can update the packages from the
    third-party repository later.

After reading this, I checked my RPMFusion repos and found that none are
hard-coded.  All are using the $releasever variable, and all resolve to
valid repos with the proper packages available.  My assumption is that
something isn't working as described.

Brian