Reverse E-Mail Blockage.....

Eddie G. O'Connor eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 21:00:02 UTC 2013

On 12/30/2013 08:48 AM, Tim wrote:
> Allegedly, on or about 30 December 2013, Mihamina Rakotomandimby sent:
>> SPAM is very subjective.
>> I saw users subscribing to several newsletters for an event (say XMas)
>> and then in February they're too lazy to cleanly unsubscribe: they
>> just tag the message as SPAM, and they argue it's SPAM because they
>> dont want to receive the messages anymore.
>> Dumb, but true.
> I've seen that often enough.  When the "this is spam" button simply
> configures their own software, it's merely a dumb thing to do.  But when
> their mail client's "spam button" *reports* the message as spam, it
> causes problems for the senders, who did nothing wrong.

I'm not doing that though, I don't intentionally sign-up for anything
and the deliberately mark it as spam when I'm no longer interested.
Every mailing list I've joined I have a genuine interest in, or it's a
hobby of mine..(PremierGuitar.com.....GuitarFetish.com...etc) I see no
real way that my email address got out TO the people who are using it as
a spam receptacle! All I want is for the mail that I have no intention
of reading to be sent either to my spam folder...or else the trash! I
guess for now it'll have to be me adding addresses to my filter, until I
can get a handle on the Spam Assassin thing..or else I might have to
just block everything..and then create filters for the stuff I DO want!
but one way or the other...I intend on handling this spam issue before
the end of the year!! Thank you all for your input...some of those ideas
I'm definitely going to try out.....heck ANYTHING'S better than being
"strapped" to your computer for hours at a time!

EGO II