F20 - Unintended consequences of no default MTA - How best to fix

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Tue Dec 31 17:15:13 UTC 2013

On 12/30/2013 08:23 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> I can't see what the problem is.....
>
> yum install sendmail    gets you what was before.
>
> Is this really an insurmountable obstacle?

No. Not for me. But perhaps for other users. Perhaps not as savvy when
it comes to computers. Would it not be nice if these people easily could
get information from the system in form of mails?

Removing sendmail and syslog will probably make it harder for an
ordinary user to understand problems on their computer, as they not
easily can get information about what is happening to their system.

Including sendmail and syslog makes it easier for the ordinary user. And
that is a good thing. At least in my book.

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/