OT: what's with the 'i'?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Feb 1 00:50:09 UTC 2013

> As far as I'm aware, this is the only time the subject has come up in
> all the years I've been on this list. And I clearly flagged it as OT, so
> don't feel you need to read it.

I've always felt the OT was meant to indicate a computer related question which may not directly relate to Fedora.  I didn't think it was a catch all to be used to start a discussion on one's personal pet peeves.

Heck, if your post is to be encourage then why not start post about "gun rights" or "Tibet" or ....  pick your poison.   Just as the follow-on has shown the tangents to be endless and the opinions to be endless and .....

Besides, haven't you indicated that people should trim posts so as not to waste bandwidth?  Do you really think this thread is worthy of the bandwidth and the disk space it is taking up?