winhq and 64bits

Junk junk at therobinsonfamily.net
Sat Feb 2 09:22:12 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-02-02 at 08:48 +0100, Raf Roger wrote:
> Hi,
>

> i'm trying to install msxml6 and dotnet35 as 64bits package under
> winehd, but for an unknow reason (at least from me) it seems wine
> always requests and accepts only 32bits packages.
>

> why ? my fedora 18 installation is a 64bits OS, so where is the
> problem ?
>
> what should i test now ?
>
> thx
>
> --
> Alain

Wine uses a couple of variables to help it know whats it's doing,
WINEARCH and WINEPREFIX. WINEARCH sets the arch to 32 or 64 bits, I
think it defaults to 32, Try setting
export WINEARCH='win64;
export WINEPREFIX='~/test64'

run winecfg and try the to install the packages in the new prefix it has
created

you will need to set the variables every time you want to use the 64 bit
arch programs

Junk