OT: what's with the 'i'?

Lailah lailahfsf at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 15:46:59 UTC 2013

El vie, 01-02-2013 a las 13:45 -0800, Joe Zeff escribió:

> On 02/01/2013 01:32 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > I see you are prey to the misconception that I am familiar with the
> > history of US sitcoms. While I've seen several of them, not being
> > American myself I can't say I know this one.
>
> I wasn't aware that you aren't an American, and I don't know how much
> foreign exposure the show had.  Still, you can see why it's highly
> unlikely that anybody of what you and I would call "the younger
> generation" would have any more of an idea what I was talking about than
> you did.
>
> And, on a more international note, if somebody just mentions "the war,"
> which war do you think of first?  I think that for most people it
> depends on their age because they'll think of either the first one in
> their lifetime or the first one they learned about when they were young.
>   I'm a 'Nam vet, but to me, the first war I'll always think of is going
> to be WW II because its after effects were still big when I was a child.
>   Yes, there was Korea when I was small, but it didn't have any impact
> on me, especially when compared to WW II.

Hello!

            In my country, Uruguay  (between Argentine and Brazil),
teachers used to teach us History saying  "The Great War"  (La Gran
Guerra)  to talk about World War I,  and  "The World War"  (La Guerra
Mundial)  to talk about World War II.  So, to me, to say  "The War"
means nothing.  I had the bad luck to been born in an age full of
wars  :-S

Regards from south,
Lailah