F18: Can I get paint and paste back?

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Feb 2 21:18:40 UTC 2013

On 02/02/2013 03:40 PM, sean darcy wrote:
> I like being able to "paint and paste" on my laptop. Mark some text
> and click both buttons to paste it somewhere else. Now I have to do
> Windows Ctl-C and Ctl-V.
>
> I've tried the trick from
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.testers/94475[
>
> about creating a .conf file in /etc/X11/Xorg.d
>
> but that doesn't work.
>
> Any suggestions??
>
> sean

         From my Linux notes:

        Add to -         /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf

        Or if CTRL ALT BKSP doesn't work [in F-18] do both of these:

        Section "InputClass"
              Identifier "whatever"
              MatchIsPointer "on"
              Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
        EndSection

        Section "InputClass"
              Identifier        "system-setup-keyboard"
              MatchIsKeyboard     "on"
              Option        "XkbOptions"    "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
        EndSection

        Bob

        --

        http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD