OT: what's with the 'i'?

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 01:38:18 UTC 2013

On 3 February 2013 01:13, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:

> On 02/02/2013 05:04 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 02:02:18 -0800
>> Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:

>>> You're the one asserting, without evidence or any attempt at proof
>>> that my point is vacuous.  It's not up to me to refute your
>>> baseless claim it's up to you to establish it.
>>
>> I,m dyslexic, also have brain problems.
>

> And fortunately for this dyslexic, in 7th grade English we REALLY learned
> grammer.  We did sentence grammer trees; something that none of my children
> ever benefited from.  Actually that visualization of grammer can make all
> the difference to a dyslexic (read "The Gift of Dyslexia" by Ron Burns); we
> think visually and have to translate back and forth to linear language.

Dyslexia is quite a specific thing that shouldn't prevent anyone from
further learning (unfortunately it does due to the integral part
reading plays in early education and, until fairly recently, poor
recognition). Proust and the Squid is another interesting book that
touches on this topic, and learning written English in general.

There was another post somewhere complaining about "Eats, Shoots and
Leaves" which seems to have missed that it's meant to be funny (the
clue is in the title).

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk