Thunderbird newbie

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Feb 3 22:01:31 UTC 2013

Edward M wrote:

>          In Thunderbird 17.0.2 that would  be a three horizontal lines
> button located  on the  top  right side next to Search.

Thanks to you (and others) for pointing this out.
It certainly seems odd to me that the menu bar should be hidden by default.
In any case thunderbird seems to be working reasonably well now,
though I would slightly prefer to have KMail back.
But if it remains out of action for long
I'll probably go over the thunderbird.
It would be an advantage to have the same program running under Linux
and Windows.