Thunderbird newbie

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Feb 4 06:53:09 UTC 2013

On 02/04/2013 02:30 PM, Claude Jones wrote:
> On 02/04/2013 01:16 AM, Tim wrote:
>> Wouldn't you need to change some file paths in the configuration, at
>> least?
>
> no - I just went through a round of commissioning new machines - copy the profile folder from one machine to the other, and you're done... it just works - and I've been doing this for several years

I've not tried that....  But I too would find it odd that it would work.

If I go to /home/egreshko/.thunderbird/p7atwh0r.default and do a

grep greshko * | grep home

I find plenty of references to my home directory under linux which would seem to be at odds with what would be on a Windows machine.

--
Don't be bullied by the judgmental grammar and spelling police.