F18: trouble with Brother 7360N printer

Jim binarynut at comcast.net
Mon Feb 4 17:05:24 UTC 2013

On 02/03/2013 02:18 PM, sean darcy wrote:
> On F18, updated.
>
> I've got a Brother MFC-7360N printer on 10.10.10.153. I can bring up
> its web page. I can print from a W7 laptop, and used to print from F17.
>
> I've attached the screenshot of the printer properties window as it
> was set up by the printer config utility.
>
> It has a device URI:  lpd://BRN001BA9967E79/BINARY_P1
>
> When I try to print I get for status:
>
> Processing - not connected?
>
> I've changed the URI to use the ip address:
>
> lpd://10.10.10.153/BINARY_P1
>
> That doesn't work either, can't print a test page. BUT, it generates
> no errors. F18/cups thinks all went well.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> sean

Sean, I noticed that the Brother MFC-7360N isn't shown in Fedora 18
printer drivers, did you have to download the drivers from Brother ?

If so , and you have the drivers installed.

do a ;    setenforce 0; fixfiles -F restore; setenforce 1; reboot  , as SU

Normally Selinux has problems with drivers that don't come with Fedora.
I have two printers where I have to download the drivers from Samsung
and I have to run the setenforce command to get Selinux to label the
drivers before I can get the printer to work.