Thunderbird newbie

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Tue Feb 5 16:23:34 UTC 2013

On 02/04/2013 03:10 PM, Stephen Morris wrote:
> Copying over profiles and mail folders etc from windows to linux won't
> work as is. When folders are created in Tbird it records them in the
> case specified at creation time, and looks for them accordingly, but
> behind the scenes windows creates them in a completely different case.

Perhaps it's a one-way street. I've done this many times. It's possible
that I originally created my first TBird install in Linux, and copied
that profile over to my Windows box, thus preserving the Linux case
usage. That would explain the fact that copying back from Windows to
Linux works for me - it's the only thing that comes to mind to explain
our different experiences - as I've said a couple of times in this
thread, I've done this many times and it has always worked for me.

--
Claude Jones Brunswick, MD, USA