Poor quality watching Quicktime movies on F18

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Feb 6 04:30:15 UTC 2013

On 02/06/2013 11:38 AM, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:35 AM, Andre Costa <blueser at gmail.com <mailto:blueser at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     (and this is just one of the quirks I see)
>

> probably gstreamer and friends is sucking too much of your cpu with overhead and thus pixelation occurs due to lack of cpu time for realtime high quality decoding.
>
> I repeat, try vlc and/or mplayer with its firefox plugins which imho has much more optimized video decoding than what the gstreamer spaghetti code provides.
>
> Is your cpu old and/or are you playing this on battery power (so cpu doesn´t use 100% of its speed).

I have what I believe is pretty much all the vlc and mplayer stuff installed.  I mainly use chrome.  But, when I bring up firefox and enter "about:config" I find

    QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.6

    File: libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so

You seem to be saying there is a vlc plugin that can be used instead.  Can you tell me the plugin name and what package has the plugin?

--
Don't be bullied by the judgmental grammar and spelling police.