audacity manual dependency

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Feb 7 20:14:36 UTC 2013

On 02/07/2013 12:04 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> have never done a fresh install of any linux setup
> always do an upgrade in production as well as for workstations over years

I've done both, but prefer to do an upgrade.  The only reason I did a
fresh install of F17 on this box is because there was something funky
with F16 on it and it'd only boot with an old F14 kernel.  Once I'd
learned that the F17 LiveCD worked fine, it was clear that what this box
needed was a fresh install, and it worked fine.  Still, for the most
part I prefer an upgrade because I don't have to worry about remembering
what programs I'll need to install later because they're not on the
install DVD.