Fedora 18 - Disastrous experience

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Feb 8 15:11:07 UTC 2013

On 02/08/2013 10:51 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:

Just, FWIW.

> I upgraded one laptop - a Thinkpad T60 - to F-18,
> and have had 4 problems, each of which I would consider fatal.
>
> I have another Thinkpad - a T61 - still running F-17,
> which I use for comparison.
>
> 1. Sleep problem.

I don't use Sleep functions...

> 2. KMail

I don't use KMail..

> 3. NM
> This is behaving in an incomprehensible way,
> with WiFi getting slower and slower after re-starting NM.
> Here is an example pinging my home server on each laptop.

My Desktop system has 2 WiFi cards.  One USB Ralink RT3070, and one PCI RT2790.  They are working just fine on my F18 system.
> 4. OpenVPN has ceased to work, although correct certs are in place.
> I haven't examined the reason for this, as the other problems
> are already fatal.

Use OpenVPN to 4 destinations daily.  No problems.

> Incidentally, I installed F-18 from the KDE Live ISO,
> transferred to a USB stick, and keeping the /home partition from F-17.

Fresh install of F18 from DVD and keeping my /home untouched.  Using KDE.

--
Don't be bullied by the judgmental grammar and spelling police.