LibreOffice version 4

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Fri Feb 8 18:33:14 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 12:43:05PM -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 2:29 AM, doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net> wrote:
>
> >  You'll
> > most likely have to download it and install it yourself from
> > an rpm or dev archive, since most of the devs of the Linux
> > distros hate it
> >

> Oh really? an effort is underway to have Apache OpenOffice back into Fedora
> 19.
> So I say you are speaking out of .... ... ignorance.
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTI4ODI

Getting personal is not really cool.

In any case, you claimed the person is speaking out of ignorance. Let's
go into details:
* OpenOffice.org was removed on almost all distributions
* LibreOffice replaced them
* You quote the possibility that one distribution might provide a rpm

Seems your only reply is one distribution and suggesting things about
the person you are replying to. Might be better to show that
OpenOffice.org is used or considered on more distributions.

--
Regards,
Olav